Jun 17, 2016
TOE2 -Small Grants for Recorders
A small grants scheme is launched for projects that improve the voluntary recording of species in Berkshire and Oxfordshire
TOE2 and TVERC Recorders’ Grant Scheme
TOE2 is delighted to announce a small grant scheme in partnership with TVERC (the Thames Valley Environmental Records Centre).
We invite applications from projects that improve the quality, quantity and/or coverage of voluntary species recording in Berkshire and Oxfordshire.
Applications may be standalone grants to support better recording or they may be linked to a larger biodiversity application to TOE2 which includes an element of species recording.
Most grants from TVERC are up to £500 but applications up to £2,000 can be considered, depending on the nature of the project and the level of funds available.
The funding can be used to support the following:
Digitising paper records - priority given to recent data & under-represented taxa
- Money towards running training courses or promotional activities to recruit new recorders and improve the quality of voluntary recording.
- Training for individuals (volunteers, not professionals)
- Publication of atlases and checklists
- Cost of setting up or running a recording group
- Purchase of equipment for field survey work, including ID guides, for use by the group (PLEASE CHECK FIRST WHETHER TVERC HAVE SUITABLE EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE FOR FREE LOAN http://www.tverc.org/cms/content/borrow-tverc-surveying-equipment)
- Purchase of data management tools, including upgrading and new hard/software to be used solely for the purposes of recording
- Provision of travel expenses for voluntary recorders (45p/mile or cost of public transport up to a maximum of £20 per day) to deliver any of the above.
Please contact email@example.com or 01865 407003 for more information.